22 February 2006

Idle Curiosity

Here's something fun to waste time on. It's a website where you can find the number one song on any given date since the 1940's. So go ahead click on this link. I looked for the song on my birth day. It was "Runaway" by Del Shannon. Hmmm ... meaningless to me. So I looked for other birthdays and found some real winners. My twelfth birthday: "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree" by Tony Orlando and Dawn (oh ... major groan). Sweet Sixteen - "Hotel California" by The Eagles (well ... that's better). Twenty-one - "Chariots of Fire" by Vangelis (huh?). Now you try it ... have fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Croghan said...

"Runaway" by Del Shannon? Meaningless? I can't believe you'd say such a thing!

I wonder... I WA-WA-WA-WA-wonder...
Why... Why-why-why-why-why
She ran away
And I wonder
If she will stay-hey-hey-hey
My little runaway
Run-run-run-run-runaway

2/22/2006 08:56:00 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

The #1 song on the day I was born was Let's Get It On by Marvin Gaye. YES!!!!

2/27/2006 06:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home