13 December 2005

Kids Say the Darndest Things

The City Girl recounted how her daughter attempted to raise some Christmas shopping money and it had me in stitches. I remember LightGirl doing much the same thing one year. But it also made me think of this.

It's right up there with the popcorn stand that LightBoy is going to set up on the sidewalk outside our house. He's going to hire his friends that live down the street to work at it. He's told me he needs me to purchase some lunch bags to sell the popcorn in. Then he also needs a barcode scanner so he can scan the prices. That's what he told me. He's just dying to get a barcode scanner. Today he's decided to sell his Bionicle creations on Lego.com so he can get a bar code scanner. He got mad at me that I posted the photograph of his Bionicles on my blog. Really ... he very nearly burst into tears when I showed him the post. Which surprised me. I thought he'd be happy that I was showing off his creations. Then he critiqued my blog because I didn't tell enough about each creation.

But what he really, really wants in life right now is a barcode scanner and to develop a business plan. I'm not kidding.

Kids ... oy.

1 Comments:

Blogger WMS said...

I'm really smiling now. hahaha... **big smile** John is so funny! I think you've probably heard it before, but I think he's such a non-conformist that he's really not going to be very hindered by social convention as he makes his way in the world... he might be a wonderer and dreamer like me. hahahaha.... or not... but somehow I think so.... :)

12/13/2005 11:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home