14 December 2005

Quakerging

Back when I was sick last month (as you may recall) I spent a lot of time in my chair, and on my laptop prowling the internet. I won't tell you that it was all fun and games, but I found some new acquaintances that I'm getting to know in the blog-o-sphere. I'm really enjoying this experience. I set out to find some women who had some similar faith paths as mine. It turned out to be not so easy for a time. But then I found this young woman, who practices the Quaker faith. I have long been drawn to the Quaker expression of faith, so I really enjoy reading her blog. Her most recent post is very interesting. I think you would all enjoy it here. She is looking for people's posts about the Emerging church/conversation and the Quaker church (but not necessarily both together, if I understand her correctly), and if/how the emerging conversation fits within other denominations. So read her yourself, she is engaging and delightful.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Visited the site. Nice neatly done website. Can't say that I understood much of what I read. Not a biggie. Left before I posted that I've tried their oats. :-)

12/15/2005 09:50:00 AM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

Hah! You've been so quiet lately, I thought you'd gone away. Glad to know you're still around, scott. And glad to know you managed to restrain that comment about the oats ;-) ... hardy har har

12/15/2005 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger Aj Schwanz said...

Aw, thanks for your kind comments! I don't think I often understand much of what I write, either (hoping someone can figure it out someday). :)

12/15/2005 04:11:00 PM  
Blogger WMS said...

That's funny, it was from Ross's mystery blog that I found aj schwanz. And I'm the mystery blogger who asked aj for her view on the intersection of Quaker and emergent conversations. Thanks for pointing me over to the Society of Friends!

12/16/2005 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

And I posted this so that Israel could find Aj ... howzat for circular??? ha ha ha ...

12/20/2005 07:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home