16 August 2006

My Lack

Update - 11:40 p.m.: the following is meant to be very tongue-in-cheek. Especially please understand that I mean the last paragraph in terms of the title of the post ... it is "My Lack" of generosity and love that I am mocking.

My friend, Golden Girl, has a nice post today reflecting on how Jesus talked to people. She makes you think about how we might want to talk to people. I've been thinking about that this afternoon as I cut out pieces for some quilt blocks I'm working on.


In many respects, I'm a fairly easy going person. If I were more outgoing I'd probably talk to more people. But I'm uncomfortable talking to strangers of any stripe, so I have a hard time talking to new people whether they are rich or homeless ... both are just as scary to me. I'd like to think there isn't anyone I'd have dinner with under the right circumstances.

I have, however, decided that there is a group of people who are untouchables in my world. People that I will not invite to dinner. I'm aware that Jesus does not like this behavior on my part. He and I will have to work on this together. But here goes ... they are the people who own barking dogs and do nothing to shut them up. In fact, they go so far as to allow the barking dogs to bark uninhibited while the rest of us suffer. People with barking dogs should suffer an eternity with their barking dogs ... but I should get to go to heaven without them. I have suffered enough right here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike Croghan said...

woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof woof

8/16/2006 05:03:00 PM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

Now ... that's rude theology!!

8/16/2006 05:07:00 PM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

oops! I meant to add a

;-)

8/16/2006 05:07:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

umm I have barking dogs too. I guess I'll be suffering there as here. Believe me we suffer with you too. We really try really try to get them to stop with no luck.

8/16/2006 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Awesome.
And timely. I had a few fantasies about what I could do to the car alarm that kept going off this morning at around 5:40 a.m. Somehow, it seems worse when it happens an hour or less before you have to get up than at any other time.

8/17/2006 12:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home