12 August 2006

Summer Fruit ...

I guess I can still do Friday Five on Saturday morning! I looked and looked all day yesterday, but didn't see the post til this morning. What was up with that??!! Internet weirdness ...

Galatians 5 describes the fruit of the Spirit. With all the sadness and despair out there, we certainly need it! So, the Friday Five is simple. Pick any five of the following attributes and go wherever the Spirit leads you... your choice!

Love is a tomato (the love apple from colonial days); it has a sharp bite to begin but then goes down sweet.
Joy is warm raspberries with cold cream on a summer's evening; it resonates down to your toes.
Peace is olives (yes, they are a fruit) borne on a branch.
Patience is a pomegranate (for the obvious reasons) and I always struggle with this one.
Kindness is an apple glossy and sweet.
Generosity is strawberries in a great big shortcake (with real whipped cream).
Faithfulness is a banana; always there when you need them.
Gentleness is a watermelon with the juices dribbling down your chin. It should overwhelm all who indulge in it.
Self-control is blueberries; who can eat just one?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Beth said...

Well, I posted the "join RGBP Inc." on top of it. So maybe it was there, but hidden?

glad you found it!

8/13/2006 09:14:00 AM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

I didn't see either of them!! Just the Thursday post all day on Friday ... it was mysterious and (I think) had something to do with my computer or ISP.

8/13/2006 09:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home