10 September 2006

Oh, the shame of it!

Remember Sylvester's adventures with his son? He always had a much higher opinion of his abilities than he was capable of achieving. The escapades usually ended with the son facing the camera, shaking his head, bowed, saying, "Oh, the shame of it." I remember once he appeared with a paper bag on his head.

That scene played in my head this morning as I read this article in Time magazine. Oh the shame of it. According to the beloved disciple, we Christians are to be known by our love for one another. But now we are becoming known by our love of money. Jesus proclaimed that a man cannot serve two masters, for one will always take priority over the other. The wind was sown, and the whirlwind must be reaped.

Perhaps I'll just wear a paperbag over my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home