30 August 2005

Home Again, Home Again, Lickety Split

So that's what my Grammy Charlotte used to say. But it was hardly "lickety split" ... 17 hours in a car ... spread over 2 days. Oy. We did get in a good visit with my aunt in Boston. Now don't you say that word "aunt" as if it were a small black insect. Say it properly ... using both vowels, please. We had a good visit and she gave me some treasures of my grandmother's and my great uncle's. And we traded some family stories. Best of all, she had a good dinner waiting for us when we came in off the road.

The LightChildren held up well for the car ride. Only one time in two days was there anything like a complaint. In a small voice, on day two, in the mid-afternoon from LightBoy's direction I heard, "My legs need to move. They really, really do." But that was all.

Later today (when they become available) I'll post some of the pictures that LightHusband took as we poked through New York City. It took over two HOURS to get from the Connecticut border to the George Washington Bridge. This normally takes about a half hour. That was not pretty or fun, but we were fortunate that it was the only real traffic we faced.

And so, we're home again, home again, lickety split. With dirty laundry, and fabulous memories. And glad to be here too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

yay, I'm so glad you had so much fun and so glad that you're back. We missed you.

8/30/2005 11:25:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

I second that! Can't wait to see all of you again. Get ready to be smothered in hugs by everyone.

8/30/2005 04:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home