23 August 2005

List Tuesday

So ordinarily I'm a both/and kinda gal. I like combining things. Putting things and people together. I like including people. Pulling it all together ... drawing the circle bigger as it were. But I have discovered as I've travelled this life that there are a few things that do not (I repeat ... NOT) belong together. So ... in honor of my Brickfriend ... I present my List for List Tuesday ...

These Things Do NOT Go Together:

1. Jazz and Celtic music.

2. Blueberries and Salmon.

3. Country and any other music ... okay ... country shouldn't be considered a music form but that's a post unto itself. It's the only form of music I won't listen to ... EVER. Which tells you something.

4. Plaid and polka dots

5. Raisin bran and orange juice (and yes, I've seen someone actually eat this).

6. Blueberries and Lobster (hmm ... I'm sensing a theme here).

7. Catsup (ketchup) and any Indian food.

8. Finally, because it is only exceptions that make a rule ... here are two things that don't belong together but somehow are and they work: A health/organic/vegetarian food store combined with a hardware store ... yes, Virginia there is one up here in Machias, Maine. And somehow it works. Right next to the nine penny nails is a whole selection of Annie's macaroni and cheese, a great selection of Indian food mixes, teas, a wall of spices and herbs and best of all, "Freedom Beans."

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Freedom beans. Insert your 'in terribly poor taste' joke here.

8/23/2005 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

It's no joke ... That was name of the company!! Maybe those are things that don't go together ;-)

8/23/2005 11:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home