28 March 2006

And Now For Something Completely Different ...

I'm sure this joke has made it's rounds of the internet many times over and you've all seen it before. But I just saw it today and it sure tickled my funny-bone! So I thought I'd share:

A man was stumbling through the woods totally drunk when he came upon a preacher baptizing people in the river.

He proceeded to walk into the water and subsequently bumped into the preacher. The preacher turned around and was almost overcome by the smell of alcohol, whereupon he asked the drunk, "Are you ready to find Jesus ?" The drunk answered, "Yes, I am." So the preacher grabbed him and dunked him in the water.

He pulled him up and asked the drunk, "Brother, have you found Jesus?" The drunk replied, "No, I haven't found Jesus"! The preacher shocked at the answer, dunked him into the water again for a little longer this time.

He again pulled him out of the water and asked, "Have you found Jesus, my brother?" The drunk again answered, "No, I haven't found Jesus."

By this time the preacher was at his wits end and dunked the drunk in the water again --- but this time helds him down for about 30 seconds and when he began kicking his arms and legs he pulled him up.

The preacher again asks the drunk, "For the love of God have you found Jesus?" The drunk wiped his eyes and caught his breath and said to the preacher, "Are you sure this is where he fell in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home