14 March 2006

A Confession ...

I suck at laundry.

No that's not quite right. I suck at the process of laundry. I like the washing and the drying. But I hate the folding. And so in the vain hope that it will just go away, I avoid laundry; like the plague. Until I (or someone else) runs out of something critical. I'll allow you to imagine what critical might be. We have in this process gained far too many clothes.

Today was a day when we ran out of something critical. So I just sorted **all** of our dirty laundry. It took me far too long. Leading me (once again) to vow that I will never let it get this bad again. It never does get this bad again.

It almost always gets worse.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deanna said...

I'm with you. Although personally I don't mind the folding, I just "save" it for when I'm watching TV or talking on the phone. Which is to say, unfolded laundry piles up three and four loads deep on my couch while I wait for the right opportunity to multitask.

3/15/2006 09:56:00 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Yeah, I don't really mind the folding, but it really builds up. I can't do it while Levi's awake, because it is so frustrating to have him unfold a whole pile I just folded. Then when he's asleep I'm not really in housework mode anymore. Right now I have four loads that I did on Monday that are just sitting in the basket by the washing machine. By the time I get them folded and put away it is time to do more laundry.

3/15/2006 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

Oddly, I don't mind folding, but then I don't get them put away. The potential wrinkles if left in heaps spur me on to the folding, but then I have no strong reason to finish the task. Except all the oh-so-pleasant piles of folded laundry draped on the couch.

3/17/2006 04:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home