24 September 2006

Important Things

Today was a day for new things in our family. At our church we joined with the Jewish tradition and celebrated Rosh HaShana. We explored the themes of het (missing the mark), judgement and repentance. Examining the ways that not following the Great Commandments wounds those in our tribe, or sphere of influence. Checking out the manner that lists of sins have become matters of the heart and the ways in which we can be turned towards God or away from him.

Well ... that's what LightBoy and I did.

LightGirl and LightHusband left very early this morning and drove to a city somewhat south of here for her first hockey game ever. The coach plays everybody ... every body. An excellent coach, who can find. One who is more concerned about teamwork and relationships than about winning (even tho that is important). LightHusband came home with glowing reports about how wonderful the coach and the game was. LightGirl said, "We lost. But now I know everyone's names!" It's those little things that are important.

So here are some pictures of my girl. Looking like official. Wearing number 11. Playing the one game that is sure to tweek my nerves. After all the fights endured by my parents between my brother and I over whether he would watch Hockey Night in Canada, or I would get to watch The Waltons. Surely, I thought, living in a southern city and raising a girl, hockey was not even on my radar. 'Twas not to be. And I am left with the last laugh.



2 Comments:

Blogger WMS said...

ooo... so THAT is what you gave up to come talk to us this morning! I get it now. Thanks for your sacrifice. I was enlightened today.

9/24/2006 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Lightgirl looks sharp! You go girl!

9/24/2006 11:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home