13 August 2005

On resolving Angst

So since the LightBrother/Uncle waved the white flag and cried "Uncle" (if you'll pardon the pun). And since I cannot let my children or my nieces down ... or let a family gathering go by without the requisite pancake breakfast, we breakfasted this morning on blueberry pancakes ... made with ... (dare I admit this publicly) Aunt Jemima's mix that had been doctored. Yep ... I caved ... I did not have it in me to gather together all of the ingredients, when the box just called my name.

The pancakes were declared delicious (my nieces and children were horrified that the LightUncle could even consider it a family gathering without pancakes ... but they are still willing to consider him a part of the family nonetheless) and there aren't any left!!

1 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Good on ya! I'm sure they were terrific. Fresh Maine blueberries cover a multitude of sins.

8/15/2005 11:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home