10 August 2005

Heaven


So we're having a good vacation ... fishing for those who like to fish, swimming for those who like to swim, porch sitting for me. My parents were here yesterday evening and most of today. They'll be back for the weekend and my brothers and their families will be joining us. But here's the real fly in the ointment ... my friends back in Virginia aren't here. That's the real problem. I'm only with them during the humdrum of daily life. I don't get to share the fun of vacation with them. And I'm missing them all pretty badly. I said as much to LightHusband. He says that's what heaven is. It's not about pearly gates, gold streets, and crowns with jewels ... it's when we get to spend eternity with God and all our friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Amen, sister. It's less fun than one might think to ONLY see one's family on vacations, as well. There's a real blessing to doing the day's honest toil next to the ones you most love. (not that you don't know this.) I miss that.

8/11/2005 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

At least you can still connect on the blogosphere. I feel like I'm practically there with you.

8/11/2005 12:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home