17 October 2005

Juggling


Here is how I picture my life on most days. See all the plates? It's my job to keep them spinning evenly and on the little sticks. I must not let them crash to the ground. The plates are all of the things in my life. I'm okay as long as it's only 3 or 4 plates ... but lately I've got about 8 plates spinning, with 3 or 4 in crisis mode and so I feel like my head is being crushed between two large bricks. It's not painful, as in it's not causing a headache, it's just that I feel as tho I'm not making good decisions, I'm probably saying and doing things that don't make sense and in the long run I hope they don't cause me more problems. I don't have enough time to spend with people or enough energy. I think if I were able to go to bed earlier, and get up earlier and have a more solid routine in my life everything would work better. But I don't seem to be able to make that happen ... so I keep rushing from plate to plate. I don't like it. It's unbalanced. LightHusband loves it. He thrives rushing around from crisis to crisis, saving the day one more time. I do not like living like this. I wish I could just buy a routine from Sears and then it would work for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

Anything we can do to help?

10/17/2005 09:59:00 PM  
Blogger Mike Stavlund said...

ever since I watched 'Circus of the Stars' as a kid, I've returned to that metaphor of life. I hate that feeling, too.
Thanks for the photo! Maybe we would enjoy that kind of life more if we had the outfit. Does LightHusband wear one of those around the house?

10/18/2005 03:01:00 PM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

Well ... if I can't get a routine from Sears, maybe I can get one of those outfits!! Then at least I might enjoy rushing from plate to plate as mike suggests. Thanks for that laugh!! And, no, LightHusband does NOT wear one either ... that is a bad mental picture, or maybe also funny. Lightboy thought it was funny.

10/18/2005 05:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home