11 January 2006

Insanity

They say that definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different outcome. So it stands to reason that the reason I've been feeling so insane lately is that we've been continuing in our same patterns in the LightHouse, but nothing has changed. It's a mess!! In fact, it's gotten beyond mess to I cannot stand it any longer. My new theme song has become "The Lady With the Spinning Head," by U2 and while I know that Bono was singing about gambling, it's my theme song because in my mind I just see me with my head spinning around and around and around wondering which pile to pick up next. Being creative and smart and slightly ADD ain't no fun when you live in a mess and no one sees it but you.

So as they also say, if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. So I finally broke down and did it.

I joined FlyLady.

We've just got to get some routines around here.

But I refuse to wear purple leotards when I clean ... that is just too scary for words. For right now I'm just getting laundry done.

And, yes, I am keeping my sink shiny. Got a problem with that?

3 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Ahhh, Flylady!
That '15 minutes on, 5 minutes off' is just too brilliant for words.
Good for you.

1/11/2006 04:23:00 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

My thoughts exactly, Kate! "Ahhh, FlyLady!"

This explains your sudden drop off in posts and the comment at tonight's design team meeting that you couldn't blog because you were doing laundry. Suddenly it all makes sense!

Hey, good luck! It'll either make you clean or crazy -- just know we love you either way. :) (Actually, given the state of my house these days, it might be harder to love you if you're clean, but you know what I mean.)

1/11/2006 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

Ohh ... I don't want to be clean ... just organized and be able to find things without half hour search and destroy missions. That and I want to walk on carpet in my bedroom ... not the current carpet protection device (otherwise known as dirty clothes).

1/11/2006 11:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home