18 January 2006

Unintended Consequences

I belong to the "team" or group that puts together the service each week at my church. This team is known at our church as the Design Team. When I drive home from these meetings I always phone LightHusband to tell him I'm on my way. Then he knows not to worry about the lateness or anything. For a long time we met on Tuesday evenings. That's a really good night to meet. There are conflicts on Monday nights and Wednesday nights and if we wait til Thursday there's just not enough time left in the week to get everything together. But then one of our members ran into a serious conflict on Tuesday evenings. It's just a temporary conflict and so we are dealing with it. But here's some weird fallout. It just so happens that trash pick up at our house is Wednesday mornings. LightHusband had fallen into the habit of using my late Tuesday evening phone call as his cue to take the trash out to the curb. Well ... we're not meeting on Tuesdays and the trash is piling up!! He needs a new cue.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Stavlund said...

Maybe I can call him after my class on Tuesday, since I'm the (indirect) reason for your trash problem.

But someone needs to call me on Wednesday, as I need a surrogate reminder since I no longer teach that day, and our trash day is Thursday.

Change is difficult, isn't it?

1/18/2006 05:35:00 PM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

Ummmm ... I was thinking he could use one of the many cool computerized tools at his "disposal" to aid his memory. You are most certainly NOT the direct or indirect reason for our trash problem. He needs to get a new cue ;-)

1/18/2006 05:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home