14 April 2006

Good (?) Friday

Having celebrated (?) Maundy Thursday last night for the first time, I feel grim today. Today is a day of waiting. Grim, dark waiting. Of sub-conciously walking the streets to Golgotha. Who am I in the drama? There is only One who is good. Others are evil or worse, neutral. Am I one of the Jews who feel betrayed by this king who is no King and will save neither himself nor me? Am I hiding and denying my relationship to him in order to save myself? How do I live this out today?

Tomorrow will also be waiting. But I think my mood will be lighter and more hopeful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Curious.
Thursday has a name.
Friday has a name
Sunday, well duh...

So does Saturday have a special little name?

4/15/2006 01:06:00 PM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

Just Holy Saturday ... kinda boring.
Palm Sunday - Jesus rode into Jerusalem
Holy Monday - Jesus overturned the moneychangers tables in the Temple
Holy Tuesday
Holy Wednesday
Maundy Thursday - Passover/Last Supper/Garden of Gethsemane
Good Friday - Crucifixion
Holy Saturday - Jewish Sabbath and waiting
Easter Sunday - Resurrection

I'm sure something special happened on Tuesday and Wednesday, but ... I haven't got them memorized yet.

4/15/2006 04:35:00 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

It's Sunday morning!

I've taken time away from my busy schedule...of pushing chocolate into my face...to wish you a..


Happy Easter!

have a nice one.

:)

4/16/2006 10:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home