01 April 2006

Bragging Rights

That's my girl! She's done it again ... she brought home another blue ribbon and made it look easy.

Last night was 4-H Presentation Night here in our county. LightGirl wrote a pretty stellar presentation on her favorite of all topics and delivered it with a smash into the boards (as it were). She even did it under some difficult circumstances. All the other kids in the room knew one another and were from the same club. Some (we later discovered) were even best buddies. She didn't know anyone else but us. And she had to go first. She was the only person speaking on her topic, while everyone else spoke about horses, horses, horses. But she still (in my completely unbiased opinion) carried herself with dignity and aplomb.

She worked hard on her presentation. She memorized it and made sure that everyone could hear her. She brought out the right points at the right time. She had a good introduction that caught everyone's attention and then some good questions to keep the audience's attention at various points in the presentation. And the best part is ... she did it all by herself.

Yeah! That's my girl! And I'm damn proud of her!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Great job LightGirl!!! You rock!!!

4/01/2006 08:58:00 AM  
Blogger WMS said...

are you april foolin us?

4/01/2006 09:02:00 AM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

Ahhh ... my kids are not fodder for April Fool's jokes. And I should have posted this last night, but I was too tired ... then it would have had a different date. No ... she ROCKS!!!

4/01/2006 09:09:00 AM  
Blogger Mike Croghan said...

Mad props, LightGirl! By the way, I'm curious - does the LightFamily have photonic superpowers? If so, does each of you have your own unique (though obviously light-related) superhuman abilities, different from the other LightBrigade members? If so, what are they? (If not, at least you've got cool hero names.)

;-)

4/01/2006 09:45:00 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

WAHOO!!! Way to go Lightgirl! You are one amazing girl and I'm glad you're here to be a role model for Elizabeth.

And Lightmom, I hope I do half as good a job of raising my little one!

You guys ROCK!!!

4/01/2006 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Can she tutor 9th and 10th graders?!

4/04/2006 04:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home