29 July 2005

There Oughta Be a Law

So I'm usually a fairly laissez-faire kinda gal. Live and let live, I always say. I think we have too many laws. I really think that more people ought to be left to live out the consequences of their decisions, than be protected by laws. Really, being left to swing in the wind of their own foolishness ought to be protection enough ... for the most part.

However, I've recently (as in this afternoon) discovered a segment of the population which has not been regulated enough. This would namely be ... (imagine dramatic organ music here) The TOY INDUSTRY. I have decided that the toy industry has far too much latitude when inventing toys. First, there oughta be a law that forbids all toys that a parent can
not immediately recognize without the presence of their child. Second, there oughta be a law that all toys must have pieces that can picked up with adult fingers ... not tweezers. Third, there oughta be a law that firmly regulates the kind of toys ... in other words only one kind of Legos ... not Legos AND MegaBlocks AND Duplos AND Transformers AND Bionicles ... PUHLEEZ....

And if by now you've guessed that I spent a tedious afternoon on a perilous journey to the center of the floor of LightBoy's bedroom ... congratulations ... you get a gold star!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home