25 July 2005

Regrets

I like getting those invitations that end with the line: "Regrets Only." I think that's sort of funny. I think you should tell your hosts whether or not you plan to attend the event. I don't think you should only send "Regrets." It also always reminds me of me when I was a teenager.

Back then, it was my goal to live my life in such a way that I would never have any regrets. There were a few adults that I let in on this goal. They nodded and tried not to smirk. I couldn't understand why they tried so hard not to smirk, after all ... I thought, it was a good goal, why smirk? Well, now that I'm an adult, I guess I can understand that desire to smirk. In fact, I find myself trying not to smirk at the memory of my-teenage-self. And ... well ... I have some regrets now and I'm wondering where to send them.

1 Comments:

Blogger [REDACTED] said...

What if you don't regret not attending? Then what do you do?

7/25/2005 08:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home