26 July 2005

Have you ever ...

... caught a stranger's eye and given them a great, big smile? And then gauged their reaction? It's a fun experiment. Of course, you have to be sort of careful when you go about this. I generally pick women. I find this to be easy on some days. Other days it's harder. But the reaction is almost always the same. First, they smile back ... for about a half a second. Then, they realize ... oh, wait ... they don't know me. But why am I smiling at them? Some people just keep right on smiling back at me. Others get kind of wiggy and their eyes slide away. Some people just think I'm weird. Yeah ... they're probably right. And then, I wonder how Jesus did it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

I do that too:) If I have Levi with me, people smile back and stop and talk. If I'm alone I get pretty much the same reaction as you.

7/26/2005 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

...also, I never really got this reaction until I moved here, but some people just glare.

7/26/2005 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

Blech ... I HATE lima beans! And Maggie's right ... some people do glare. I don't understand that. How can you glare when someone is **smiling** at you - for heaven's sake??

7/26/2005 11:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home