30 October 2005

Breathing Again

"Tomorrow is Halloween!!"

LightBoy announced this with joy, glee, enthusiasm and many decibels as we left our breakfast buffet this morning. It made me long for the days when I could control when the children knew what day was when. They didn't know it was Halloween (or Christmas or Easter or whatever) until I was ready for them to know. It was much easier back then. Now ... I just ride the wave.

BUT ... this year. The costumes are ready. I am not spending the "day of" in a mad sewing spree trying to beat the clock. LightBoy will be some Bionicle (Makuta, I believe). He found his choice on eBay and we bought the costume earlier this month -- it's hanging in his closet (or it should be). LightGirl will be a witch ala Hermione of Harry Potter fame. And ... I am pleased to announce, the dress ...

... is ....

COMPLETE.

TA DA!



The wand has been purchased.



And all that remains are appropriate, tasteful hair and makeup choices.

Which (no doubt) will be hammered out during long, procrastinatory discussions over grammar, math, spelling, etc. tomorrow. Because we must have some pain to go with our pleasure on Halloween.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mike Stavlund said...

I know that some secrets must remain so. But I have to ask: how did you get that thing to levitate?

10/30/2005 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger Sonja Andrews said...

Witches never reveal their secrets. But the answer is in the picture.

10/31/2005 06:00:00 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Wow Sonja - beautiful!

10/31/2005 07:33:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

absolutely LOVELY.
I plan to drop by tonight -- probably something like 8:30 or 9, alas -- so I hope we at least see Ross at the door! And maybe we'll be able to hunt you down, as well. I know a certain Cinderella who, I do hope, wouldn't be too shy about seeing you all.

10/31/2005 02:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home