21 October 2005

Pet Peeve

Last night LightHusband and I (along with several thousand other fans) watched our favorite rock musicians play and sing. We went to the MCI Center and saw U2 play. It was a good concert. Not quite as wonderful as the concert we saw in May in Philly ... but still ... most excellent. I was glad we went, I have a feeling that they're not going to be doing this for too much longer. I don't think they're going to do the "dinosaur tour," like Rolling Stones or Yes. At least I hope they don't.

Anyway, during the opening act (Damian Marley - excellent by the way) I did what most women at the concert did. I "powdered my nose." I "used the restroom." I'll try to be delicate about this ... but there's really no way to be. I don't know who started the urban myth that you can catch diseases from toilet seats, but I want to find that person and torture them. Then I want to find the rest of the women who think it's perfectly fine to "sprinkle when they tinkle" and LEAVE IT THERE and do NOT clean up after themselves. I would like to lock them in a room with their own pee ... no, wait ... someone else's pee ... for a day. I would like to find all the women who think it's okay to leave long drifts of toilet paper wafting about the restroom without disposing of it properly and wrap them up like Egyptian mummies for a day. I understand that "using the restroom" in a public place puts one in a somewhat vulnerable position and so women like to take certain (howshallisayit) "precautions." But then they need to CLEAN UP AFTER THEMSELVES. Honestly ... most women enter a public restroom and turn into the Wicked Stepsisters from Cinderella. They act like they've never cleaned a thing, certainly not after themselves and they create a pigsty for everyone. It's disgusting and I'm tired of it.

Any of you women have any ideas about how we can change this unfortunate social trend?

4 Comments:

Blogger Maggie said...

speaking from my experience working at a pizza place, women's rooms are bad, but men's rooms are much much worse. Apparently you can just pee anywhere you want in there.

10/22/2005 06:45:00 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Who potty trained most of our society anyways? I mean I distinctly remember being told where pee and poo goes. I have several good books on the subject in easy to read language with colorful illustrations of the whole mystery of potty use (for my child of course). Maybe we need to start putting copies of "Sally Uses the Potty" in all the stalls - board books of course so they can't pull out the pages when the toilet paper runs out. Maybe the backs of all the stall doors should have large instruction posters affixed showing how to use the white porceline contraptions. Seriously how do people look you in the eye as they exit a stall and you're the next in line and there it is - has to be THEIR pee on the seat. TA-DAA! I would be so embarrassed!

10/23/2005 12:01:00 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

You know it's bad enough in public-public bathrooms; but what really gets me is the woman who are so thoughtless and piggy in the restrooms at work. It's like we all sorta know each other and we all have to be there all day. Do you think they really don't know what to do? Do you think their bathrooms at home look like that?

It's rude and it's gross. I think it should be a capital offense.

10/23/2005 01:49:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

The sprinkle is pretty foul. I feel for those, like, say, pregnant women and the elderly (and those who just plain don't have thighmaster-strength muscles, not that I do) who are unable to do the sprinkle avoidance hover themselves after the seat has been rendered a lost cause. But I agree with Maggie -- nothing, or not much, is as wrong as many men's restrooms. Which I think waaay too much about when it's Matt's 'turn' to take Lizzy to the bathroom. EW.

10/24/2005 10:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home